Thursday, January 24, 2008

Positivity is like a sugar in coffee!!!


Strange title, I guess but I couldn’t think of anything at this moment for this one. Recently I have come across many friends of mine who are so influenced by their negativities….that there coffees are turning out to be more soar than sweet. And it really is a challenge to fight against all the negative air around you and still remain the cold cloud of positivity.
And I do have to face such negative attitudes every now and then. It really annoys me that people so soon leave hopes and start talking negative, even downshadowing their own capabilities. What the hell goes wrong into their heads.

I know many of my friends, who are equally capable like me and not only that some of the closer ones are much better than me. They got such a great personality and abilities, still they never show a feeling of pride on themselves. And they keep talking modestly that they aren’t capable enough… cos they think that if they boast about themselves…they will look overconfident…and a failure at such times will make others laugh on them.

I just want to say to them, why do you worry so much about what others think…they are busy among themselves about figures out what we are thinking about them…and so stop bothering and “be practical”.
Here I would like to mention…infact thank someone. Ya shes a girl and very good friend of mine. She has many layers hidden in herself. Now these two words “ Be practical” got me reminded of myself of my older days…and the credit to her, she is so practical in her life…takes each difficulty so easily…tackles them so nicely…even if shes gets in trouble…it just takes her a while to get back to normal. Shes smart and intelligent, got the edge over others in everything…and then she lives every moment to its fullest. No matter what, but she cherishes her life.

And I really learned a lot from her. Recently I had lost my self confidence…I had just stopped being true me and lost trust in my abilities…I was shattered off my confidence…and once people who talked high about my attitude… saw me in an helpless and sad person , like a sword which lost its shine.
And then I came across her thoughts, analysed myself and thought why am I acting this way. I haven’t lost anything…just a few hiccups in life doesn’t make me a looser. And there I was back again..to my old day…confident and positive…attitude of self belief…ready to take on anything…and ya I am ready to face the challenges that my future is going to throw at me. I don’t wanna be left behind just to sobb on my failures. I would rather smile and accept my inabilities and let my true capabilities enhance.

And this is the same message I would like to impart…to those who think they cannot. Man, if you can yell so much about your inabilities…and waste so much of energy…why can’t you spend a little of it on boasting about yourself, about your capabilities.

“If you think you can and if you think you can’t,
both ways you are right”
so why waste the time, singing the sad songs and playing the trumpet of failure. Believe in yourself, think of what you can do, and try to identify your capabilities.

Building a positive attitude doesn’t come in a day. Its sometimes takes a whole lot of years…to make our mind a positive thinker. And believe me, I had taken a lot of pains doin that. It really took a hell out of me to develop a positive attitude. And I am proud of able to attain it. It helped me overcome many of my shortcomings. And I feel happy now, as I no longer dwel with my inabilities, I constantly think about whats possible for me, next.

And friends, really start practicing the positive mentality, and try to avoid the negativities around. And soon it will be doing wonders for you.
At this point you may argue that what about the different problems faced at each and every moment of our lives. Well my answer to that is “ the best solution to problem is not to have the problem at all. Why the hell do you think of the problem as a problem, instead take it as a challenge. Its just like some monster we would see sometimes in our nightmares, nothing real about it. Be optimistic about the solution, and stop thinking about the failure. If you donot do anything, that would be the failure, but if you do atleast a bit, you really did something, and so you can solve the challenge too. its just a matter of being optimistic”

“optimism” is the first step of developing the positive mental attitude. If you are optimistic, you can definitely think about winning. Pessimists are never heard of talking about achieving. So guys its upto, which side you want to be.

And then the next step is “ believe”. Yes I believe. Its too easy to say, but too difficult to make it possible. I believe in god, everybody had said this always…how many of you have actually seen him. So I don’t believe in god, but I do believe in ‘life’…and existence of life is because of some might power…which is known as GOD! Similarly in every facets of life, if you think that what you think is right…than YOU BELIEVE! And be firm on your beliefs…because the power to believe gives you a power to fight and prove yourself true…not to others, but to your own beliefs.

Here are some of the self tried techniques, which you may apply in your life, and may be you can develop the positive attitude too.
- if you feel negative, look around the situation. Are the ‘facts’ on which you base your pessimism correct? Try to make a positive attitude shift in every situation.
- Keep a daily thought diary. It should help you learn which situation provoke a negative or positive reaction. Regularly re-read it and trace your thought patterns and see to it that there are more positive thoughts.
- Ask yourself, why are you thinking negatively? Are you frightened of future or what may happen in life ahead? And then think how can you change, for what you think is surely going to happen, there is always an alternative choice of doing things.
- Use positive words. Try to eliminate use of negative sentences and thoughts.
- Learn to handle negative emotions and work off the bad feelings with practice. Exercise-mentally and physically. Calm yourself in difficult situations and relax, focus on it.
- Take credit for the good things you do, and turn your bad things as mistakes and pledging not to repeat them.
- Make each time and day to do activities which you enjoy. Indulge yourself with good and positive things. Life doesn’t mean to stop, move on.
- The more meaning you see in life, the easier you will find it to be positive. Spend the time thinking about why you are born? Why you are here wherever you are? And what you have to do?
- In the end, smile! That’s the best thing to do. Smile and make others Smile. (even if you can take someone to a sip of coffee or offer a chocolate and make them smile, its worth of a lifetime!)

So friends, life is short, and you have everything to do. Stop crying and take every moment to its fullest! Be positive, be happy!

That’s the Max’s way of life!!!
That’s Maxitude !!!

No comments: